What an horrendous day today was, one disaster after another, you couldn't make it up!
Last night a member of the night shift was admitted to hospital having been taken very ill and still remains there. This morning one of the guys working on the rebuild cut his head badly and presented himself to me requesting first aid..... looking decidedly pale-faced and dripping the scary red stuff. The afternoon bought a more serious incident in which a colleague only narrowly missed being seriously injured when fixtures carrying extremely heavy stock collapsed, thankfully fork lift trucks have a heavy duty cage protecting the operator and in this case it did just that!
Latterly a customer reported a car on fire in the car park, upon investigation it turned out to be a brake caliper seized to the disc but the car was no longer fit to drive and so consequently we had to arrange a rescue service. What amazed me was how the owner had driven 30 miles and never noticed her wheel smoking, the smell nor the fact that it had become so hot the wheel trim had melted, let alone the pull on the brakes it must have resulted in!!!! And this lady has a driving licence????
I hasten to add (she says looking over her shoulder and winking at Michelle) none of these incidents was the fault of my employer. Paranoid? What me?
The day ended with my hitting a pheasant while driving home. I don't know if I killed it, it flew off but it hit hard and the thought that it might have a painful end is worse than knowing it died immediately :o(
Gah....I need chocolate and sleep!
Thursday, 17 February 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
My gracious. What a day.
The only bright spot I can think of is that it was your day and not mine... ;-)
Lol Bryan, I can't say I'm in a hurry for another like it!
Post a Comment