Since the age of 20 until I moved here to Scotland I owned the home I lived in, or rather I and my assorted ex husbands owned them. For various reasons that I won't go into here PG and are not in a position to buy a house and as a consequence rent, something the thought of which, did not fill me with glee at the outset.
Why I had a problem with renting I'm not sure, I have no children to leave property too should I turn up my toes and historically, for me it has never been a good investment. All bar one of the homes I owned lost money through a combination of circumstance and economic climate and that one I had to agree to give my share of along the oh so pleasant route to divorce!
I love the flat we live in and I love where it is but it is not mine and it has always bugged me.......until this week.
This week the plumbing seemed to spontaneously combust, first the kitchen tap sprung a leak and then last night the waste pipe under the bath gave up! Suddenly tenancy as opposed to ownership is showing it's positive side. No fighting with basin wrenches, copper piping and PTFE tape for me....nope....just call the landlord and out he comes, job done, no hassle, no financial outlay........ Yup, I reckon this renting lark isn't so bad after all!
Wednesday, 9 February 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment