Monday, 10 January 2005

Gone With the Wind (not)

In the US, winds of 21 mph or better would be considered the start of a good tornado, especially in Nebraska. However, in Scotland, it appears to be the norm. The winds are up to 21mph today and expected to be in the 30+ mph range tomorrow. I'm guessing they build sturdy homes in Scotland with well-nailed down roofs. :)

Gem is at work today, but I thought I would pop in just for a second to say that, as far as I'm aware, we should not see Gem fluttering about over our heads. She is not gone with the wind; just working her rear-end off at work.

I thought I might leave you with a link for entertainment purposes: An actual castle being built in the United States.

Have a good day!
Lisa

7 Comments:

Larry said...

Hey!!!! I say you dropped by my blog the other day, and I thought I would return the favour!!!!

Larry

Michelle said...

Hey you need a kite Gem...would be way cool in that wind. You will be proud of me, i did some fiddling on my blog, i even added a couple things...yaay...i only screwed up once kind of..LOL

Jennytc said...

Very olde worlde! Difficult to tell the difference in fact. Still, I suppose it's one step up from demolishing them here and shipping them over to rebuild! :) Enjoyed the clip though.

gemmak said...

Lisa: thanks for minding the baby! :o)

gemmak said...

Michelle: I'm off over to your place to check it out :o)

Larry: Hi, nice to see you here again, howya doing? :o)

Rob said...

It's storming, with lightning & sleet & snow & gale force wind, as the two Scotsmen finish their round of golf and stagger into the course clubroom. They get out of their soaking overclothes, scrape the ice from their beards, and sit down for a drink. When they're finished, one says "Same time next week?" The other replies, "Aye, weather permitting..."

gemmak said...

Bryan: Hi, thanks for stopping by....I don't know how much you read here but your comment was scarily pertinent in gemmaks-ville! heh.