Sunday, 2 January 2005

Back to reality


Smiling through chattering teeth!

Well that's it, the long anticipated visit from my parents is over. This morning I had to go back to work and PG returned them safely to the station for the journey home. I hated that bit, knowing that for a few hours they were still nearby but I couldn't see them or stand on the platform with them and wave until the train disappeared.

All good things must come to an end as they say, the fact that they were here at all over new year was a bonus and we had a wonderful time. I will, I promise get to what we did and where we went but for now the above pic is proof that PG and I were daft enough to walk on the beach in a howling gale and bitterly cold temperatures on New Years day!

Now I have some catching up to do on the domestic goddess front! It's amazing how 'behind' normal life has become in just a few days, my kitchen looks like a Chinese laundry, it's halfway through the evening and I still haven't eaten and I have an inbox of unanswered email staring me in the face challenging me to dare leave it another day!

So, if you mailed me and I appear to have ignored you, if you left a comment and I didn't return one or I haven't visited your blog for days....I apologise unreservedly and I will get to it soon.

Normal service will resume tomorrow :o)

8 Comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

No apologies needed - we all need to have a "non-blog" life now and again.

Happy New Year!

magz said...

scarlett's rite, no apologies. I KNOW ya been busy... and things just quack up to what they're sposed ta be. Love ya sis.

Michelle said...

bbbrrrrr Gem! You need to be on the beach here where its 32c..at least ya can have a swim!

Dale said...

Lovely couple. Very nice. You both look nearly frozen, though! Did you ever get the snow you wished for, Scottie? We had lots for Christmas but it's all gone now.

Kaptain Kobold said...

Love that hat. Yours, not PG's.

Jennytc said...

I think you look very posh in that hat! Lovely photo!

gemmak said...

Cheers you lot for bearing with me, thank you Jenny and Jack....it's a hat! heh......you always make me laugh :o)

gemmak said...

Dale: we were frozen....not nearly! lol

Alan: Ty...it was one of the 1st presents PG ever bought me :o)