Yes, I said knickers........what is it with men and knickers, don't all shout at once please, I know what it is as do all we women. Perhaps my question should be why do we pander to the man/knicker thing instead of allowing common to sense prevail and standing our ground!
I made one of life's small but fatal mistakes whilst in London and I should at my age know better. Having access to a Marks and Spencer is rare for me and always promotes a feeling that while it's handy I ought to stock up on the aforementioned item. There is damn all else there these days to cause a migration of cash from my bank account but knickers? yes, knickers are still worth purchasing.
So with PG looking crestfallen at the suggestion he browse elsewhere, whilst I picked up a few essentials, I gave in and he accompanied me into lingerie. Of course his reasoning was valid, he likes to take an interest in my attire, how then, is he somewhat less keen when I purchase any other article of clothing?? Hmmmm.
We venture intrepidly among all manner of beautiful lacy bits and pieces, most of which I doubt would withstand more than one wash without disintegrating. Purposefully I head for the multi pack knickers.... with PG trailing in my wake hovering around anything but multi packs! How predictable.
Having reached my destination and ferreting among the thousands of packages in an endeavor to track down what I have come here to buy, I am constantly presented with 'alternatives' courtesy of my man. Withering looks are not putting him off here, bear in mind I do not wear anything Bridget Jones would favour, rather items that my mother chastises me for, with gems of advice such as "those won't keep your back warm". Er.... if I want a warm back I will wear a jumper!
However, she perhaps has a point, nothing PG presented me with would keep anything warm!
Thongs? who the bloody hell invented the thong? it must surely have been a man. Do we ever see guys sporting such an uncomfortable item of garb, no, not often I notice with little surprise. Wonderful things PG rationalises hopefully, no more VPL to worry about, they dry on the line quickly (well yes but so would a shoe lace) and he likes them! I think that is the bit that is supposed to sway me here. Pity, he can like all he wants but nothing will persuade me that they will ever be remotely comfortable nor as he assures me, never having had to wear them, will I get used to them! Tsk.
But as ever, and here is my frustration, I give in, or at least compromise and accept something bearing resemblance to one and a half shoe laces that I just know will result in my hiding in corners, rapidly trying to extracate aggravating slivers of fabric from places slivers of fabric have no right to be!
So guys, there maybe a place for minimalist underwear but it is not shopping in Tesco's, cleaning the house or any other daily routine. We may have dispensed with the VPL but is the sight of one such as me, fiddling with my rear to rescue an item of clothing any more attractive, for believe me, try as we ladies might to resist the aggravation and behave in a seemly manner in the end we will submit to comfort and fiddle in an undignified fashion. We will indeed endeavor to perform this little trick in private but we just know that someone will catch us.....just the same as we sympathetically catch others dealing with the same frustration!
As a final offer, should any one of you wish to 'try out' such an item of clothing strictly of course in an effort to see our point, I will turn a blind eye and not question your motives! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 Comments:
Lol Lisa......hell, you know me, nothing if not honest and it is only knickers girl! It could be worse! Rofl.
Yikes!! Ya got my attention, Scottie! LOL!!
I once tried on a thong. Shhh... Please don't go around telling everyone. If I wanted the world to know it, I'd post it on the internet. Erm...
Anyway, it was pretty unflattering, I can tell you. Uncomfortable as hell, too. Donna said I had it on backwards.
I could not agree with you more! I too have listened to the pleadings of my hubby to please wear something his mother wouldn't, etc. etc. So I will NOT wear a thong - how unsanitary can those things be eh? I get the boy cut undies, supposed to make them crave your hind end (hopefully not a boy's hind end!). Anyway, I spend the entire day trying not to "retrieve" them from other parts while hubby spends the entire day thinking about them with lust in the eyes.
This will sound awful, but I will not wear them unless I think that in all likelihood they will be removed within 2 hours max. Then, I put on my nice comfy regular undies!
Too much info?
Lol.....thanks chaps and chapesses, these have to be some of the funniest comments I have had to date and I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my dislike of this item or it's migration North!
I don't know why big women wear them, it's enough bother for yours truly who is particularly un-big! It seems to be 'trendy' to have them showing above the waistband of one's jeans......not a fashion I can see any attraction in!
Dale: oh how I wish you had a pic of that! hehe
BR: Agreed re. less is more... and a thong and a g-string are the same thing as far as I am aware.....someone correct us if we are wrong here please!
Somehow I feel my recent purchase will reside permanantly at the back of the cupboard never to see the light of day or my.... um, rear! Sorry PG! lol
I swear that was like reading something written in a different language; I barely made it through. Knickers? I thought those were those golf pants that come just below the knee...but you were talking about panties right? It's amazing how much our language differs from country to country.
Lol Chastity, yes, panties. it is funny how the same language differs so much between two countries...I have the same problem in reverse but I'm gradually getting there! :o)
In PG's defense, I think you should not put the knickers at the back of the cabinet, but bring them out for special occasions (sp?) He has a birthday, right? :)
Lisa
BR - I didn't know they made G's or thongs in really large sizes. I think what's gross is wearing knit skirts or slacks with one on... you can obviously see it. Why not just wear it on the outside? :) Lisa
Thongs to me look like it should be a hair "scrunchy"! Not something that should be worn on that sacred area! hee...hee :)
Rofl Lisa....ok fair comment........his borthday isn't until next August! hehe
True Willow: Lol.....they sure do but maybe it's best you dont utilise one in your hair! :o)
i just love to see a a sexy females bottom! in tiny bikini panties or a thong it makes there bottom really cheeky and spankable! mmm.. the thought of it so come on girls! wear more of that sexy lingerie! please! lol. jason.
Post a Comment