Tuesday, 14 September 2004

Porn star??

It never ceases to amaze me just how peculiarly idiotic the occasional individual can be.

Late last night whilst indulging in a little of the infuriating male pass-time of channel hopping, PG found himself, inexplicably watching a documentary (I use the word very loosely here) on the subject of the porn industry. Inexplicably my foot.... for someone who maintained it was not intentional that he had arrived at this particular channel he seemed somewhat keen to remain there.... men will be men. This un-delightful half hour of footage was one of those low buget programmes produced under the guise of 'education', though I doubt the producers had little more in mind than cheap titillation.

This post, I promise, is not going to be a moral or ethical lecture on the pro's and con's of pornography, I will leave that for someone else, rather it is to register my perhaps unkind amazement at one individuals utter lack of common sense!

The programme was intended to be focusing on the endeavors of a particular director to find a new star, though the cameras (along with PG's gaze) seemed to be focused elsewhere mostly. Suffice to say the 'applicants' for the position came and went, did their stuff, said a few ill articulated words, in general about how impressed they were with the kindness of the attendant male participant and how the legitimate side of the porn industry is wonderful.... and off they trotted, all blonde hair and oversized assets.

My amazement was centered on the final girl, perhaps aged in her early twenties, who arrived late but seemingly with the appropriate attributes...that is barring one thing.

This young lady's face was completely covered in angry looking red spots and on closer inspection so were her legs! She was not investigated further. My surprise was not with her medical predicament but with the fact that she, in an industry so apparently obsessed with appearance and sexual health was completely outraged when told kindly by the director she could not be used in that days shoot!! He advised her to seek medical attention, advice she seemed to ignore. He attempted with unexpected tact, to explain the situation to her again and again but for what seemed like an interminable length of time she persisted in arguing that 'it was nothing' .....absolutely no amount of persuasion was going to convince her otherwise!!! She was finally unceremoniously dispatched toward the exit and the advice to see a doctor was reiterated.

It may well have 'been nothing' but come on, how could she possibly have imagined that in the porn industry of all industries it would be acceptable.

Utterly amazing!

I know, I know, I should really have been more sympathetic and in the main I am, the issues surrounding this industry are serious and many.... I just couldn't resist being amused by her audacity and stupidity.

Porn star??...I doubt it.

5 Comments:

Dale said...

Mmmmmmm .... Porn. Yessssssss.

Oh sorry. Where was I? Um, yeah. Ugly girl. Big "assets".

Pornography is not going away. It's a billion dollar industry here in North America. Is it crap? Most of it, yes. Degrading to women. Men too, I suppose. And on television? Out of all the thousands of hours of quality programmes to choose from, why must they broadcast shite like that? But we men still sit and stare, don't we PG?

Snowbabies said...

I can't believe I missed it!

Paul.

SidDawgone said...

Ewwww. Angry red spots? Gross. The mind reels with what sexually transmitted disease(s) caused that, and that she was so readily willing to dismiss it as nothing. EWW. Porn and their "stars".

Michelle said...

angry spots...diseases...oh crap and i've just eaten!!!!

riskybiz said...

Quite the difference of opinion between the men and women. I listen to Stern and my wife says it is smut, but at the same time she can watch some piece of crap prime time show on TV with lots of "smut" and it's entertainment. I personally think porn has a place, but not in the manistream media.
I had heard this week that two porn companies were charged with unsafe working environment for not using condoms.