I had a post, a long post, typed, spell checked, photograph uploaded and almost ready to hit publish.......if I say so myself it was quite a reasonable post...and what happened? Bang! A power outage, some fool working on a mains cable cut the wrong thing (and yes it was a he before anyone accuses me of sexism here). Did he not know I hadn't saved my efforts, that if he could have waited a minute longer all would have been well?? Apparently he didn't which brings me to the question who is the bigger fool.....myself I fear! One of these days I will learn the lesson and type this in notepad first or at least save it to draft more frequently! Arghhhhh.
And so...all that remains is the photograph, languishing alone, waiting for this fool to start typing again. Later I may redo it, for now the impetus has gone.
My stupidity didn't end there, oh no, today I seem to have abandoned any intellect I may have to some secret and unknown place. Immediately after my connection to mains electricity failed, intrepid as ever (not) I decided a cup of coffee was in order. Power outage is not rare here and for such times I invested in a camping stove. So full of renewed enthusiasm I dug it out, brand new, never used and installed the gas cartridge. Hey presto!.......the damn thing is faulty and promptly spewed it's noxious, and very cold contents at high pressure all over me! The cats fled at the high pitched hissing sound and as I fought this contraption in an endeavor to control it PG remained sleeping oblivious! Said item was not to be tempted back into any reasonable state of operation and was unceremoniously hurled into the field to continue its discharge out of harms way.
Yet more stupidity followed. Feeling like I had lost the use of my right arm and with computer idle I set about pottering around the flat doing what I could without power, miffed that I couldn't post this morning. Two hours passed in which I achieved little before it dawned on my less that impressive mind that my laptop was sitting in the bedroom........fully charged! Give me strength.......I think I will go back to bed today and start again.
All this and then I realise I have yet to safely get myself through Friday the 13th in two days time! Hmmmmmm.
Wednesday, 11 August 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
Hi Gemma,
You have my sympathies - I can empathise as the same thing happened to me yesterday not once but three times. Wrote the explanatory paragraphs preceding the Rae Baker interview, hit publish and 20six crashed - all gone. Got back in, rewrote it, hit publish - same thing happened. Third time lucky, but I won't be making that mistake again!
Hi Blackrat,
Ah...so it was you! As it happened I recalled reading something similar yesterday but couldn't remember where.
It's just so damned aggravating but at least it only happened to me the once.....twice in a row for you, I think I would have abandoned it altogether at that point! Good on ya for persevering, I loved it :o)
Post a Comment