Saturday, 28 August 2004

A big thank you......

.....to DK Goodman for allowing me to utilise his HTML wizardry.

I really must learn to do that stuff myself!

And DKG....should you ever find yourself at a 'loose end' feel free to turn your wizardry to solving the ever present delete comments icon issue!

I fear I am pushing my luck now! :o)

4 Comments:

gemmak said...

The comment list code Lisa :o)

dkgoodman said...

I have half an answer for you. :)

I have the same problem, and it's not just the trash can.

Have you noticed the little pencil that shows up that lets you edit a post? The one that only shows up for you, and not for anyone else? That pencil has the same problem as the trash can.

Those features are only enabled if blogger recognizes you as the owner of the blog, and for some reason it has trouble doing so.

What always works for me is to bring up the Blogger dashboard, then click the name of my blog (under Blog name). The Manage Posts page will come up, with a list of your posts and Edit buttons. Click an Edit button.

Now, for some reason, you're really and truly logged in to Blogger, and your pencil and trash can will show up. You don't need to do anything more on the post edit, you can just navigate away.

It may have something to do with cookies or referrer information, and firewalls or browser security settings, but there you have a work-around.

If you're really hot to trot on this problem, pass this on to Blogger and ask why you have to edit a post to be recognized as being a Person of Authority.

What do I win? :)

dkgoodman said...

One more thing... after logging into Blogger this way, when you get back to the comment you want to remove, you may need to refresh the page, or maybe hold down the shift key while you click refresh to get the trash can to show up.

gemmak said...

DK: have mailed ou a reply :o) and thankyou.

Jenna: Have left you a comment