Friday, 16 July 2004

Happy days!

Well that's it............ my last day at work for almost a fortnight..... over with! It was a bad one, I was on the road for 05.30, after something in the region of 3 hours sleep and 'Joe Public' was at his/her absolute best all day. I am still sometimes amazed at a minorities ability to be so rude and demanding and to consider that those of us at the sharp end deserve absolutely no respect or common decency! 18 years in the business....I should be somewhat wiser!
 
Rant over.......I'm in holiday mood now and  impatient to get to London and my parents. Despite my age and the fact that I'm not off on a 'round the world jaunt' or some such, I still get 'that holiday' feeling, the one I used to get as a child when we all trundled off on the annual family adventure.
 
I am slightly concerned however, about one aspect of this holiday that seems to be looming. PG suggested last night that we take his car......this I hasten to add, is not the newest or most reliable of vehicles. When the suggestion was made I was slightly confused as to why he should want to risk turning an already painful drive into a complete debacle by having to be towed any distance by the RAC.......this evening things are becoming clearer! I arrived home from work to find him already in situ at the pc trawling through 'Auto Trader' and the like, trying his damnedest to convince me that a new car would be cheaper  'down South'.
 
Strangely he has a point.....they are considerably cheaper, perhaps because here there is so little competition but whatever, the thought of spending our holiday fending off over zealous Arthur Dailey types and tolerating all the other rigmarole involved in buying a new car is not what I had in mind!
 
Be rest assured........he has 36 holes of golf lined up for tomorrow, I will be packing and loading the car..........it will be my car!

2 Comments:

Jennytc said...

Nice one! I like it! Well, if he's not around to help with the packing, it's his own look-out. They do get a bee in their bonnet about a new car every so often, don't they? And then they won't rest until they find one, although I think half the fun for them is in the searching! Enjoy your holiday anyway....whichever car you're in. :)

gemmak said...

He he @ bonnet......was that an intended pun?

Help with the packing???.....do you know any that do that?? Despite my unenviable history with marriage I have yet to find one. Lol. Perhaps that was where I went wrong :oP (sorry guys, I don't wish to stereotype you it's just my experience.)

Thanks for the good wishes..........a wonderful holiday will no doubt be had, car or no car :o)